In this ever-growing IT domain, knowledge and experience in all the recent technologies are valuable. Since there is a popularity for mobile applications among clients, their development won’t stop. As per Statista, worldwide mobile application incomes will be increased by more than $365 billion by year 2023. well, that is just a glimpse of the great evolution of mobile applications!
As the number of smartphone users is growing at a fast pace, companies are moving faster towards developing a mobile application that increases their business productivity. Entrepreneurs are looking for an experienced mobile app development company for a dream business solution. Do you have a high-functioning mobile application development plan for your business? But, you are still battling to choose the right platform for proficient mobile app development.
Hybrid v/s Native Apps : A tough choice!
The biggest challenge for most of the organizations is, “what should we build – Native App or Hybrid App”. Which will be a suitable option? Well, such queries can be answered based on some factors like:
- The speedy development of the app
- Whether the organization opt for an in-house development team or outsource the project
- The objective of building the app
- Budget estimation
- Features required in the app
To choose between a Native and Hybrid app development platform first, you need to be familiar with both. Because both the platforms are well-known for their feature offerings. Let me brief you about these tech innovations to have a clear understanding.
Hybrid App Development
The main features offered by hybrid mobile apps are:
- Faster app development
- Simple and easy to maintain
- Cross-platform UI
- Integrate with a device file system
- Less expensive app development and cost-effective maintenance
- Single code management for multiple mobile platforms
What is a Native App?
Native applications are coded for particular devices with a specific operating system. For example, Java is used for Android and Objective C is used for iOS. Native apps take the benefit of software tools and OS features installed on the device. Such apps can potentially access various functions of the device like the contact list, camera, gallery, etc. For better performance on a mobile device, mostly native apps are compiled into machine code.
Key features of Native apps:
- A high degree of reliability
- Simple but Fast Performance and better user experience
- Supports both online & offline transactions
- Native features can best be exploited
Based on certain features and your business requirements you can opt for a suitable option. A Smart decision-maker is one who focuses on “more achievements with less investment”. Choosing hybrid apps is one of the smart moves if you want to create a single app that seamlessly performs on different devices. Hybrid apps make it a bit faster to reserve a spot in the app store market.
Let’s put a light on some major benefit of choosing Hybrid mobile apps:
- Low cost with ease of development
- Offline Support
- Native experience with simple backend
- Multi-platform support
- Hassle-free integration with other apps
- Creative ideas meet the target audience
- More qualified for online marketplace
- High-speed performance
- Attractive UI/UX designs
In such a digital era, developing a hybrid application will give an edge over your contenders. It will help you to increase your market reach at a low cost. But, before you make the best of your mobile app, make sure it is built on the right platform. Choosing a platform is also a critical decision to make your app successful. As per your business model and requirements you need to choose a right hybrid mobile app development platform.
Not only for entrepreneurs but Hybrid mobile app development is also easier for web developers. It enables them to write code once and build an app that performs on multiple platforms. Business owners want to access data insights at their fingertips. Every entrepreneur is avoiding desktop websites over mobile responsive websites to get online exposure.
In this article, we will list the top hybrid app frameworks to narrow your search for choosing the best hybrid platform.
Top Hybrid App Development Frameworks For Your Mobile App:
Introduced by Google, Flutter is an open-source UI-development toolkit that has already simplified developers’ jobs for creating appealing and easy to navigate products. It helps in developing a cross-platform mobile application and a lot of companies have already taken advantage of it. It mainly has two key components.
The two major components are:
SDK (Software development kit): It consists of tools ready-made widgets and testing APIs required for mobile app development
A UI library that is equipped with reusable UI elements like sliders, buttons, and so on.
Why is it the right choice?
- Dart choice for cross-platform development
- Fast development
- Hot reload feature- Allow app developers to see the changes in the app right away.
- Smooth UI designs with unorthodox design elements
- The absolute choice for MVP
- Dynamic code writing
- Provides own widgets
- Compatible with Fuchsia
Introduced by Facebook in 2017, it is an open-source mobile app development framework. It supports building native and cross-platform mobile applications. It not only supports iOS and Android but also performs on other platforms like Apple, Microsoft Universal Window Platform (UWP), tvOS, and so on.
Benefits of React Native
- Expense saving with max code reuse
- Node Packet Manager (NPM) installation makes it easy to use.
- Native code rendering
- Node.Js supported
- Lots of plugins to enable compatibility with hardware components
- Easy identification of bugs
- Live reload with two screens – one for preview the changes and another for code modification
- Less development time
List of renowned business giants that preferred React Native:
Acquired by the software giant Microsoft, Xamarin is a unique and well-known framework. It includes libraries for Objective-C, C++, and Java. It allows developers to maintain a balance between creativity and budget.
Why do developers rely on Xamarin?
- Native UI features
- Apps connect amazingly with hardware using plugins without affecting the performance of the device
- With Xamarin Studio, Xamarin SDKs, Xamarin Test Cloud, and Xamarin Insights, It provides a full-fledged ecosystem
- Wider learning opportunities
- Continuous performance without being unstable
- Easy API integration
- Spot on for cross-platform development
- Fast GUI prototyping
- Excellent code sharing and maintenance
Reasons to choose Onsen UI
- A convenient way to develop HTML5 hybrid mobile apps
- Gives native look and feel with ready-to-use components
- Great performance optimization
- Easy to learn and master
In this article, we have gone through the list of top frameworks for Hybrid mobile application development. You can check the benefits offered by each platform, choose the appropriate one that suits your business model. The decision for choosing the right hybrid app frameworks basically depends upon three points:
- What is your business model?
- What do you expect from the development platform?
- What do you want your application to be?
The decision you make today affects your future growth. Be wise to make a smart move and choose the best option that maximizes your business productivity and profitability.