While talking about programming language PHP frameworks that cannot be left behind from the conversation. But since you are on our web page, we believe that you already know that. The industry already has many options that users can avail, but choosing which one would be perfect for you would be a daunting task. In this blog, we are going to review three one of the best PHP framework that is likely to rule this new decade of 2020.
We understand what a roller coaster ride your mind must be experiencing right now, juggling between Laravel, Symfony and Yii. The basic concept of framework revolves around the clean code that could be incorporated in the shortest time span.
Before choosing among the pioneers of the PHP framework, let’s first understand what is PHP?
PHP is a scripting language, which is usually used in the server-side language. The acronym for PHP is Hypertext Preprocessor. It offers reusable code and a concrete foundation to build web applications. Since the code is clean for the PHP Web developers, it results in a more stable site for the users. This increase in improving productivity. The developers have cleaner code with the assistance of MVC (model-view-controller). It ensures the separation of logic and appearance of the web apps.
Now let’s briefly discuss what do u need a PHP Framework?
- A PHP framework helps to perform development at a rapid speed. PHP development provides CRUD operations that allow developers to easily Create, Read, Update, and Delete codes.
- The MVC architecture ensures the developer to divide a web application into models, controllers, and views.
- Frameworks function like a charm when talking about the security of the web application. It saves them from common security scourge.
- The most essential advantage of using PHP framework is that it’s open-source and free to use by all. This makes it a cost-efficient choice to be used by companies.
- Frameworks are better in securing the web application from common security scourge.
What question do you need to evaluate in order to figure out the best PHP framework?
- What is the industry you are targeting for this project?
For instance, if you are developing an eCommerce website, a payment integrated framework would be a necessity for the website. If you are working on a blog site, a framework that enables various themes and plugin for users would work best.
- Is the documentation available?
Documentation plays a significant role in understanding the source-code in order to develop a flawless application for the client.
- Is the development support available for the chosen framework?
While you are working on an application with no active development support, you would be required to re-code your application for a new framework or you maintain using the framework yourself.
It is suggested to well-researched the community support of the framework while your project is still on the devising stage.
Let’s begin the final stage of comparing our competitors: Laravel, Symfony and Yii:
Beginning with the legend, Laravel. It is a marvel in the world of PHP frameworks and popularly known as the “PHP framework for Web Artisans”. It got this name because of its ability to securely manage complex web applications at a faster pace than other competitors. Tasks such as Routing, sessions, caching, authentication, commands and more are made easier with Laravel.
Laravel also announced “Long-term support” in May 2015. This was an LTS version 5.1 that would advantage the long-term project with a ready framework. Many hosting companies offer support for Laravel applications. That’s how big Laravel has become. For writing, developers can use version 5.2, whereas LTS version 5.1 is already playing in the ground with a support period of 2 years.
Reasons to Choose Laravel
- While working on the complex backend applications, Laravel works astonishingly irrespective of the size. Laravel has made easier with the inception of all-in-one vagrant box.
- With Laravel, you will be able to create customized apps. The features it offers are seamless data migration, MVC model support, security, routing, authentication, form model binding, custom commands and more.
- Laravel is inherited with everything you’d require to create a modern web application. It is ready to amaze you with its extensive speed and security, along with a feature that would help create a highly expressive.
- For any developer who is looking at these frameworks to build a B2B or enterprise website, Laravel is the way to go. It will deliver a framework that is flexible to evolve along with future technology.
The Symfony framework is a set of reusable PHP components, which allows the developers to create scalable highly efficient applications. It’s been in the industry since 2005 and is a reliable platform for a massive audience. Symfony is a PHP framework based on the MVC architecture and it is the only framework that following both PHP and web standards, to the tee. Truly it is one of it’s kind in the world of frameworks. The APIs of this framework enables easy integration with third-party applications. Therefore, developers can use it with renowned front-end frameworks, for instance, AngularJS.
Reasons to Use Symfony
- It is easy to install and configure on most platforms, therefore you could use it for developing large-scale enterprise projects.
- The reusable PHP components are the most essential feature of Symfony. The stability and independence of the database engine get enhanced. It incorporates web authentic practices and design patterns.
- Symfony is also highly flexible and can integrate with bigger projects like Drupal. Symfony and Laravel have many common and unique features, which makes it difficult to say which of these frameworks is better.
- Symfony can be integrated on Drupal as well. Laravel and Symfony have a few common features. This is what makes it a tough competition.
The Syntax Yii breaks into Yes, It Is! We know how evolutionary it sounds, and it works like the name suggests, Evolutionary! It is a high-performing PHP language framework. Yii was created by Qiang Xue in 2008 and since then it has been one of the top-preferences of audience. It’s been growing just evolving to be better since the inception of Yii.
jQuery integration is another feature of Yii which has impressed many before as well. This integration allows front-end developers to create a framework promptly. Like in Symfony, Yii too utilizes components to develop rapid mobile applications.
Reasons to use Yii
- Yii is easy to install and has features that offer extensive security that would make your framework adequate for high-risk endeavors for instance eCommerce projects, CMS, and more.
- It will offer you speed and performance to it’s best. The developer loves the framework as it helps them to avoid the complexity of writing monotonous SQL statements.
- Yii is extremely flexible and you can easily customize according to your preferences. Almost every code of this framework can be tailored to the user.
PHP frameworks that we compared today are exceptional in their own area and offer full-stack development to aid developers. Choosing the right framework depends on your specific requirements, and therefore choosing the most popular won’t be the right choice.
If deciding among the options is confusing still, then hiring a PHP web developer could be the right move. We at Sparx IT Solutions would love to help you offer our assistance. We have experts working with us who would suggest to you which PHP framework would work best according to your business objectives.
Sparx IT Solutions will first understand exactly what you are expecting from the project and then our professionals would suggest the best for you. Call us today and have your free consultation.