A healthy lifestyle is crucial in today’s fast-paced world. With more and more people paying attention to their health, soundness, mindfulness, and wellbeing, wellness applications have become a key component to staying mentally fit.
Wellness apps are in trend nowadays, which will boost their position in the future. Moreover, COVID-19 has spurred this trend. COVID restrictions have lessened access to gyms and personal training, and people depend on virtual classes to remain healthy and motivated.
The mobile market backs the trend of healthy living by delivering myriad solutions that fit a range of wellness objectives. Therefore, wellness app development services open promising outlooks in the healthcare industry.
This blog will assist you with the types of wellness apps, how you can create your own wellness app, monetization models, and cost estimation.
Table Of Contents
- Wellness Applications: Market Overview
- Types of Wellness Applications
- Steps to Create Your Wellness App
- Choose a Suitable Monetization Model
- How Much Does It Cost to Develop a Wellness App
Wellness Applications: Market Overview
According to the survey, wellness app users increased from 62.7 million in 2018 to 87.4 million in 2020. The wellness and fitness apps have been downloaded 656 million times in 2020.
The total market volume of health-related apps is expected to grow by $3,072M at a CAGR of 7.2% from 2019 to 2023.
According to Globenewswire, the global wellness app development market is expected to reach $15.6 billion by 2028, suggesting that workout apps are here for the long run. It is the best time to enter the productive wellness app development business.
Types of Wellness Applications
Meal Planning and Nutrition
Meal planning is an easy method to keep track of your diet and overall nutrition. Users can carefully manage their consumption, reduce waste, try new recipes, etc. Meal and nutrition apps permit consumers to select precise meal plans, recipes and track nutritional information.
Popular Meal Planning and Nutrition App: MyFitnessPal
Features of MyFitnessPal
- Macronutrients by Gram: Easily set how many macronutrients you want to consume, either gram or percentage.
- Food Analysis: MyFitnessPal app suggests whether your foods are healthy or not.
- Different Goals by Day: Conveniently set calorie and macronutrient plans for each day.
- Food Timestamps: This feature help users to know how the timing of meal intake improves their energy and overall health.
If you require to make an app like MyFitnessPal, you can read the comprehensive healthcare app development guide for a better understanding.
Fitness and Productivity
Fitness and productivity apps provide numerous resources to streamline your wellness goals like enhanced endurance, energy levels, hybrid strength, cardiac health, etc. Including a fitness routine in your day-to-day life allows you to be fit and productive. Moreover, wellness app developers create such apps to help you boost your physical activities and improve your concentration at work.
Popular Fitness and Productivity App: Freeletics
Features Of Freeletics
- Daily Recap: One of the essential features of the Freeletics app is the daily recap. It will inform you what you have achieved after completing your workouts. It will motivate you and assist you in tracking your progress efficiently.
- Comeback Week: There are many reasons which can keep you away from training. Hence, the comeback week feature helps users rearrange their workout goals. Users can select fitness programs and achieve the target in the desired timeframe.
- Music: Custom fitness app development services providers have made it possible to integrate your Spotify account directly into the Freeletics app without switching.
- Bonus: This feature allows users to share their achieved goals with family and friends. Moreover, you can share daily fitness and wellbeing reports to encourage them.
Meditation is a method to refocus yourself in today’s hectic lifestyle. Meditation apps assist you in practicing diverse meditation skills to attain mental clarity and focus. A wellness app development company can develop different tools such as mood trackers, expert-guided meditations, etc., to help the end-users gain mental calmness.
Popular Meditation App: Calm
Features of Calm App
- Meditations: Calm app is renowned for guided meditations. The app content is categorized into personal growth, emotions, sleep, inner peace, anxiety, etc.
- Every meditation category includes topic-related meditation packs. You will get features such as Panic SOS, Calming Flight Anxiety, and much more in the anxiety category.
- Daily Calm: Daily Calm is a critical feature updated every morning. It presents an instructed meditation session for 10-minute that focuses on various wellness subjects.
- This feature can only be assessed by its premium members. Nevertheless, users using free trials can see daily calm highlights in the app.
- Breathing exercises: Calm app supports six types of audio breathing exercises that priority to focusing, energizing, relaxing, unwinding, balancing, and restoring. The Calm app allows you to adjust the volume and speed of every breathing exercise.
- Sleep stories: The sleep stories feature on the Calm app provides you with a bundle of stories that vary from fairy tales to nonfiction. There is also an option for quick nap sessions.
If you are also planning to create wellness apps like Calm and want to integrate more advanced features, you can take the assistance of a reliable meditation app development company.
Your physical health, mental health, or well-being are vital aspects of the digital world. Well-being applications are developed to support your overall mental health. Healthcare mobile app development companies can provide you with solutions, tools, and activities to handle your stress.
Popular Wellbeing App: Moodfit
Features of Moodfit App
- Mood Journal: A mood journal can provide many health advantages. It gives you a space to communicate and explore your ideas and emotions.
- Gratitude Journal: One of the prominent features of the Moodfit app is a gratitude journal. Maintaining a gratitude journal has become efficient in balancing and seeing life with more positivity.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Moodfit app identify common distractions such as overthinking, personalizing, being sad and help users to see circumstances more clearly.
- Sleep and Lifestyle: This feature helps you to track and improve your understanding of crucial lifestyle aspects such as exercise, sleep, nutrition, socializing, and notice how they are impacting your mood.
Yoga is a particular form of exercise and a simple method to stretch out aching muscles. Yoga app development service providers deliver tons of activities and yoga poses. These applications are developed for all fitness levels and yoga practices.
Popular Yoga App: Glo
Features of Glo App
- Live Classes
- Online yoga, meditation, and pilates for all levels.
- Provides classes and teachers as per your requirements
- Many courses to choose
Pregnancy activates various new emotions, physical changes, wellbeing, battling morning sickness, doctor’s visits, and tracking your little one’s growth. Fortunately, healthcare app development companies have developed pregnancy apps to answer some of your valuable questions.
These apps suggest specific measures, the safest foods to eat, relaxing exercises, and come with do’s and don’ts guidelines.
Popular Pregnancy App: BabyCenter
Features of BabyCenter App
- Presents a kick counter and contraction timer.
- Get 3D renderings of the baby’s development.
- Know the size of the baby
- Tailor-made baby names generator.
- Prepare for baby’s arrival to-do list.
Steps to Create Your Wellness App
Select Your Wellness App Type and Platform
You should choose your niche, do in-depth market research, and identify your target audience. You may discover that your target audience may like to use your app on multiple devices like smartphones, wearable devices, etc. Thus, selecting a reliable wearable app development company is necessary to build your app for smart wearables.
Any development project begins with the product discovery stage. Your mobile app development company will:
- Determine the project’s scope.
- Build the project roadmap.
- Prepare resources and set the budget for MVP.
The discovery stage contains an operational specification development, design of UI/UX, and a prototype of your application to present you with an exact picture of the end product.
When creating a wellness application, the mobile app development company crafts the product’s technical specifications based on the customer’s needs. It contains use cases, platforms, and other relevant information for the healthcare app development company to start preparing the wellness app.
Quality assurance is a mandatory step to test the bugs and fixes related to the fitness app. Apart from checking code for bugs, developers also try the project’s user experience and whether the app is working per the client’s requirements.
Release and Maintain
Now, you are ready to release the application to different mobile stores. However, your mobile app development company should check app usage from a built-in mobile analytics tool after releasing the wellness app.
Choose a Suitable Monetization Model
The paid apps are the easiest monetization model. The pricing of your wellness app should be set on the application’s type, features offered, multiple device support, content delivered, etc.
You can also read the complete fitness app development guide for more clarity.
In-app purchases are another popular monetization method. In-app purchases may differ from offering professionally planned healthy lifestyle programs to purchasing small entities such as courses, weekly diet plans, or meal recipes to create a wellness app.
A free downloadable app mainly contains fundamental features suitable for beginners. However, you can provide advanced features such as personal training, workout videos, diet plans to your premium account users. The freemium monetization model is helpful to reach your target audience as it delivers free health tips for your end-users.
The subscription-based model works on annual payments. You can split the subscription price plan into weekly, monthly, quarterly, and half-yearly so that customers who cannot pay the whole sum at once can select a subscription plan at their convenience.
Advertisements are the most effective monetization strategy, as it attracts customers and collaboration with other firms at the same time. An enterprise can offer to display ads within the corporate wellness app.
The sponsored content monetization approach is similar to ads but is more partnership-oriented. Companies can contact gyms, coaches, and nutritionists who produce unique content. This strategy assists not only in building partnerships but also in constructing new fitness activities.
All the monetization models mentioned above have their advantages. It will depend on the company’s business goals which approach they select to get maximum profit from wellness app development.
How Much Does It Cost to Develop a Wellness App
It is challenging to estimate the wellness app development cost accurately. It relies on the types of applications you choose, their complexity, features you incorporate into your wellness app.
However, creating an MVP may range from $25,000-$40,000 for fundamental wellness app development. A feature-packed wellness app may cost around $60,000- $160,000, depending on what features you include.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the benefit of a wellness app?
Wellness apps facilitate a healthy lifestyle and keep you motivated via activity tracking, sleep analysis, nutrition management, etc. It helps you to increase productivity, stay calm, enhance work relationships, and remain stress-free by providing cognitive behavioral therapy.
What is the cost to develop a wellness app?
The cost of developing a feature-packed wellness app may range between $60,000 to $160,000. However, if you plan to create an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) for your wellness app, you may need to invest $25000 to $40000.
How to develop a wellness App?
Develop a wellness app in 9 simple steps:
1. Discovery Stage
- Validate the idea
- Create the project roadmap
- Make a detailed budget plan
2. Select the wellness app platform
3. Choose the design & tech stack
4. Build An MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
5. App Deployment
6. App Testing
7. App Launch
8. After successful MVP, Release a Full-Fledged App
9. Support and Maintenance
Physical wellness and mental health are considered modern-day fitness goals. As a result, wellness apps are gaining more popularity. These apps help users help in physical activities, lose weight, maintain healthy habits, improve mental health, etc.
Your application should have the latest wellness app features like a personal account, setting goals, real-time activity tracking, gamification, and integration with social media. Your app should deliver custom workout plans to users.
Therefore, the formula for profitable wellness app development is straightforward. You require a skilled mobile app development company to turn your business ideas into reality.